Railway Signalling and Control
Robinson Associates have worked on a variety of projects in the rail industry for many years. Working to recognised standards (BS EN 50128:2011) we have developed solutions that have been employed internationally by leading manufacturers of signalling control systems, equipment manufacturers and infrastructure companies.
Our railway industry experience includes:
- Data logging facility for monitoring data across rail system network interfaces.
- Railway display, MIMIC and ERTMS simulation and training systems, configured using Layout Description Language.
- Track to train communication system developed to CENELEC SIL4 - incorporating design, prototyping, hardware manufacture, software development and Safety Case.
- Interlocking data entry and configuration system developed to CENELEC SIL2, including software development, system validation, and safety case preparation.
- Asset Management Systems for planned equipment optimal maintenance scheduling - maximising availability and financial control for rolling stock.
- High performance capacity and availability interlockings with concept development, systems engineering and rapid prototyping of new ideas.
- Trackside communication modules - minimising development and operating costs, providing greatly improved in-service reliability.
Our clients in the rail sector value our understanding of the industry and our capability for developing safe and effective systems and products. Our experience enables us to ensure that the resources we apply to projects are immediately focused on delivering effective solutions.
- C#, C/C++, Embarcadero Delphi
- Object-Oriented and Structured methods
- Wind River VxWorks and Workbench IDE
- QA Systems Cantata